Saturday, November 26, 2011
This weeks kid logic includes..........
Molly had hurt her leg when she fell while playing outside. It took awhile to comfort her and she continued to complain about her injury off and on through out the day. At some point she discovered mom's candy corn and candy pumpkin stash in her school bag and replied to mom, "I know what will make my leg stop hurting - one of those pumpkin candies!"
David's really wanted another pet again (as if a fish tank and two turtles for pets aren't enough!) So for his birthday we got him a parakeet. The bird is already adapting well to our loud family and will even sit on his finger already. But what took the cake, was when I came home from shopping today. David had Mozart playing fairly loud in the livingroom. When I asked him why he was listening to that he replied, "Because Mozart makes birdies smarter!"
Thursday, November 24, 2011
Now may He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread for food, supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness, while you are enriched in everything for all liberality, which causes thanksgiving through us to God ................ Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!
2 Corinthians 9:10-11 & 15
Sunday, November 20, 2011
These days I use a lot of Cayenne Pepper in Dad's dinners, but I over did it tonight! While cooking up some fish I used the usual seasonings with some cayenne and began to cough, which has happened to me before. No big deal. Then Sam came in the kitchen and began to cough..........then David in the dinningroom began to cough.......................then Ben, who is way over in the livingroom, began to cough................and so on. At one point everyone except for Dad was coughing for about ten minutes!!! *heavy sigh*
Here are a couple of pictures I found on my camera. I'm sure David took them as usual.
|My Birthday Ginger Bread House|
|Molly Helping Decorate|
Friday, November 11, 2011
- Someone put the black food coloring container on the kitchen window sill - laying flat with the lid ajar.
- Put Dad's "Do not dry-Lay flat" sweater in the dryer and am trying to stetch it out before its fully dried.
- Had to catch the parakeets that were accidently let out.
- Teaching Sam the right way to head a paper for spelling.
- John wants to drive me to the bank to get driving practice.
- Cooking two different dinners - one for Dad and one for everyone else.
- Teaching kids how to deep clean (so I don't get so overwhelmed doing it myself.)
- Reminding Pete and Ben they love eachother more than they know.
- Re-organizing computer area to equip Amy how to help in Dad's business.
- Molly wants me to hold her and play Mommy Deer and Baby Deer.
- Bread maker smelled like it was making burnt toast. I think it's time for a new one.
- Got lost in Joanne Fabrics (not really, but I forgot about the time.)
- Correcting school papers.
- Playing Spider or building birthday puzzles after dinner clean-up; sometimes it helps my brain relax.
- Teaching boys the right way to open a pomegranate (and that it STAINS!)
- Trying to finish the laundry before the weekend, but this is only load six.
- I (not the kids) spilled 5 pounds of sugar all over the floor!
- Cuddling David's soft ears before he thinks he is too old for that kind of stuff.
- And the list goes on...............................................................................
"Actually, Godliness is a great source of profit when it is combined
with being happy with what you already have.
1 Timothy 6:6 (CEB)
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Our last few October days have been very beautiful around here. Here are some pictures David took when I let him loose with the camera. He might be working me out of a job. David is creative and I think he has a pretty good eye for creative pictures. I always like seeing what he's come up with.
Then we Your people, the sheep of Your pasture, will give thanks to you forever; we will show forth and publish Your praise from generation to generation. Psalm 79:13