Friday, December 24, 2010

Motherhood Moments

Molly has been sick off and on for the past few days.  She is a lot better but just has an aweful cough.  Last night, as she was coughing away, I was trying to remember all of the things I can do to ease her discomfort: give her tea, water, cough drops, turn on the vaporizer.  I can never remember if the humidifier or the vaporizer is better.  You'd think I would remember after eight children, but I don't.

Well, Molly and I were up on and off until at least 3:30 in the morning.  She was in torment and I was in torment.  As soon as I would doze off she would wake up coughing again.  At one point she was just wide awake so I prayed for her, sang to her, hoping somehow this would help her sleep better and longer.  But it didn't.  Oh well.  I know there are bigger problems.

This morning I woke up wishing I could sleep a lot longer while Molly woke up singing, "It's the best day ever, it's the best day ever............."  Talk about praise being perfected in the mouth of babes.  While I am lamenting about my lack of sleep she is obeying Psalm 149:5  where it says
"Let the saints be joyful in glory;  Let them sing aloud on their beds................"

No comments:

Post a Comment