Saturday, October 23, 2010

When Dad Goes Shopping

The way I shop and the way Steve shops are about as far as the east is from the west.  Just ask our children.  When I shop I plan everything out to the last penny.  If one of the boys needs a new dresser or mattress (and they know I will be shopping for it) you will usually hear comments like "But I need one now," or "We'll be waiting till next year!"  The boys know I look into every stores prices and sometimes wait for special sales.  We do get whatever it is, it just might not be in the time frame they were hoping for.  As for normal food shopping I usually stick with the basics.


The other day I needed a package of spaghetti noodles so Steve said he would pick some up before dinner.  When he came home he had not just the one package I needed, but four other packages along with bags of salad and french bread, and lots of chocolate milk!  When Steve goes shopping.............it's party time!  Everyone knows when dad goes shopping whether it's for food, clothes, whatever, dad will get the biggest and the best, and the most!  You know it's going to be good if it comes from dad.

There was a time when my penny pinching self would have a hard time with this, but over the years (and with help from faithful friends) I've come to appreciate our differences and receive from Steve as from the Lord.  After all, Steve is the one who goes out and makes the money.  What am I thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment